PLASTIC SPOON TREE
- Paper Mache Christmas Tree form
- Plastic Spoons
- Spray Paint
- Hot Glue
- I started by buying bunches of spoons from Target (equally god from the Dollar Store, but cheap where ever you go), then cut the tops off. I tried just breaking them off, but lots of the split.
- Once I had about 100 cut, I layed them outside on paper face down and sprayed them with a variety of different spray paints. I didn’t want it to be even so Krylon (usually crappy and uneven) worked great to give texture.
- I did the back first to practice my technique and perfect the coloring. I ended up using a combination of two browns, chalkboard black, and gold.
- After they were all dry, I began gluing them onto the paper mache form starting at the bottom using hot glue.
- I varied the spacing on the different layers so that the spoons alternated on the layers. And I kept on working my way up to the top til it was done! Super EASY!!
AND YOU’RE DONE!
Christmas trees are the best way to celebrate
Shoutout to oneprojectcloser.com for this funky craft!