For those who decide to buy artificial Christmas trees, they will find that this will allow them to have an amazing look tree year after year. However, in order to keep this tree as beautiful as the first day that it was purchased, it has to be stored correctly. Many people opt to store this in the original box, which is an option. But, for the best protection, you may want to purchase a special bag that is designed for artificial Christmas trees.
Once you have the bag that you will be storing this artificial Christmas tree in, you need to make sure that you are doing this properly.
- Be sure to remove all ornaments. Never store the tree with ornaments still on it, as this is going to break ornaments and make it more difficult to put the tree up next year. Be sure to wrap these ornaments so that they are ready to reuse for next year as well.
- If you have pre-lit tree, check the lights before putting it up and make sure they are in working order. There is nothing more annoying than putting up your tree the next year to find out that the lights are not working.
- Once ornaments are moved, be sure to break the tree down. Most artificial trees are going to be broken down into three sections. The bottom, the middle and the top. Often, the leg support will also be removed for easier storage. You will need to flatten the branches for it to fit into the bag easier.
- Place the sections of the tree into the bag that you purchased for tree storage. You will find that any arrangement will work, as long as all parts of the tree are in the bag.
- Zip up the bag and take it to where you are storing this in your home or storage unit. Remember, that you want to store this in a place that is going to ensure there is no water or humidity. While the bag that you purchase will protect the tree from most elements, you do not want to take a chance.
For those who are storing their artificial Christmas tree after the holiday season, take your time when doing this. Do this properly, and you will find that you get many years of enjoyment and use from your Christmas tree.