Cookie Tree Party Favor
Not only is it DELICIOUS. It also is the most glamorous looking party favor you’ll give away this season. This is for the intimate type of parties so you won’t have to bake five thousand cookies to give away and keep it a little more exclusive.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, grated
- Vanilla Frosting
- Plastic Wrap
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Measure oats into a blender or food processor, and then blend to a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar. Add chocolate chips, and grated chocolate.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Each cookie should be different sizes as you will layer them from biggest to smallest when they are finished baking. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
4. Layer the cookies from largest to smallest on top of each other and spread vanilla frosting in between each cookie layer.
5. Wrap each cookie tree in plastic wrap and tie it tightly shut with the ribbon