Paper Plate Santa Claus
How cute can a kid’s craft get? MAKE THIS DIY PROJECT TO FIND OUT!!!
- Flesh toned Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Red Cardstock Paper
White Cardstock Paper
- (cut out two 2-inch circles and a 3/4-inch strip)
- 2-inch circle punch (optional)
- 2 large googly eyes
- red pom (We received our poms from our friends at Craftprojectideas.com)
- Elmer’s Early Learners Glue Pen
- Elmer’s Early Learners Glue Stick
- Start by cutting the top third section off of your paper plate. Paint the inside circle of the paper plate with your flesh tone paint and set it aside to dry.
Draw a large triangle shape on your red cardstock paper and have your preschooler cut it out. I put a dot at the top of my paper at the 6-inch mark and then used a ruler to draw a line down to each bottom corner to make my triangle shape.
- Use your circle punch to cut out two 2-inch circles from your white cardstock paper, or cut them out by hand. Cut one of the circles in half. Also, cut about a 3/4-inch strip from your white paper to use as the brim of the Santa hat.
- As soon as your paper plate is finished drying, use your Elmer’s Early Learners Glue Pen and Glue Stick to assemble your Santa together. My daughter loves when I pull these out for a project. She says their large size makes them extra special. The Elmer’s Early Learners Get Pen and Glue Stick have a unique triangular shape and are specifically designed for little hands so they are perfect for this project.
- Start by adding glue to the back of your paper plate and glue it onto your large triangle, about in the middle. Next glue your 2-inch circle at the top of your triangle. Also, glue your white strip at the top of your paper plate to form the brim of the hat.
- Continue by gluing on your large googly eyes. Next glue on your two half circles to form a mustache and finally glue your red pom right on top of your mustache to finish your Santa.
- VIOLA!!! ALL DONE AND READY TO WOW ANYONE IN IT’S PATH!
Big shout out to my friend at iheartcraftythings.com! Thank you for this adorable craft! My kids LOVE it!