For those who are new to the world of artificial Christmas trees, first off, welcome. You are going to find that there are tons of families throughout the world that are using artificial Christmas trees in their home rather than relying on a real tree to see them through the holidays. Why are so many people opting for artificial? For one, they find that this is the smarter buying decision as this is an investment that is going to last for several years to come. Secondly, they find that using an artificial tree is much more green than if they were to chop down a real tree to use in their home, then dispose of this at the New Year. With this being said, we have a few aspects to point out to those new flocked Christmas trees owners so that they can keep their trees looking great for years to come!
- Be sure that you never spray any type of cleaner or another element onto this tree. It can be tempting to squirt a few essential oils into the tree to make it smell like a real tree. But any type of moisture on an artificial tree can cause damage. You may not see the damage immediately, but it can develop over time.
- Be sure that you are storing this tree properly when not in use. You will want to store this in a storage bag that is meant to seal out the elements such as moisture or temperature changes so that the tree is just as pristine five years from now as it is now.
- You will want to store this in an area that does not get damp or wet, and one in which the temperature is not going to change drastically so to cause issues for the tree.
- Be careful when taking this down, as the times in which people break these trees is often when they are taking the tree down.
- When cleaning, use a dust rag only. You can use a light-powered dustbuster for those who have a lot of dust and debris on these trees. However, you will find that with proper storage, chances are you are not going to have to do that much cleaning on these trees.
Are you ready to take the plunge and get your own artificial Christmas tree? There are tons of options out there and you may find it overwhelming at first, but you will also find it beautiful to see all the trees decked out ready for you to decide which one is going to be yours.
Follow along with Christmas crafts here